Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Psalm 30

Psa 30:1  A Psalm and Song at the dedication of the House of David. I will praise You, O Jehovah; for You have lifted me up, and have not allowed my foes to rejoice over me.
Psa 30:2  O Jehovah my God, I cried to You, and You have healed me.
Psa 30:3  O Jehovah, You have brought up my soul from the grave; You have kept me alive, so that I should not go down to the Pit.
Psa 30:4  Sing praises to Jehovah, O you saints of His, and give thanks at the memory of His holiness.
Psa 30:5  For His anger is only a moment; in His favor is life. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
Psa 30:6  And in my blessedness I said, I shall never be moved.
Psa 30:7  O Jehovah, by Your favor You have made my mountain to stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled.
Psa 30:8  I cried to You, O Jehovah; and I prayed to Jehovah.
Psa 30:9  What profit is in my blood, in going down to the pit? Shall the dust praise You? Shall it tell of Your truth?
Psa 30:10  Hear, O Jehovah, and have mercy on me; Jehovah, be my helper.
Psa 30:11  You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have torn off my sackcloth, and have clothed me with gladness,
Psa 30:12  so that my glory may sing praise to You, and not be silent. O Jehovah my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

  It perhaps is foolishness on my part to comment on scripture, one can see the psalm above requires no comment. It's beauty and truth stands just fine all on it's own without any help from this knucklehead. I highlighted the one phrase that sums up God's entire plan for that part of humanity that would believe Him. There is a path to belief that cannot be cut short, belief comes from wisdom, wisdom comes from understanding, understanding comes from knowledge. can one believe something they do not know? or understand? one can attempt to go solely by feelings and emotion. but, as the prophet Jeremiah points out "the heart of man is deceitfully wicked, who can know it!" (jer 17:9).
 there are many more such scriptures as this, an oft recurring theme in the Bible. so, going about "feeling" something without knowledge or understanding seems destined to fail. feeling WITH understanding though, that's great! look again at the highlighted verse above.  Look at what comes in the future tense at the end of that phrase, take a glimpse of your future and rejoice:)

No comments: